Monday, August 3, 2009

Woman's Day $99 Menu for a Week

I bought the Woman's Day magazine this month specifically for the "Feed Your Family for $99 a Week" article. I was curious to try it. Since my kids hardly eat anything I cook anyway, I really do not need food for a family a four, but I always cook extra anyway. One night, I had my friends over for the Asian Chicken and there really was not enough chicken with 4 thighs. But I was able to buy almost everything for around $99 (see the list here). I did not have to buy all the staples, and I added some organic meat instead of regular meat, and still did okay. I do not have an actual total since I did not follow the rules of not buying anything else (like these peanut butter cookies)- I had to add in food for the kids, plus more fruit. Everything I have cooked so far has been good and easy. I will probably repeat the week every few weeks.

0 comments: