Friday, July 17, 2009

Tired of Diets- Try This Idea

If you are tired of diets, try this back to basics idea for food consumption- The Food Pyramid. By choosing foods based on the dietary pyramid (updated since I was in school) you can eat the foods you should eat. To start off, you input your weight, height, age, sex, and activity range. Then it tells you if you are at an appropriate weight (if you are, it just goes straight to the recommendations... you can tell how I found out it tells if you weight is "appropriate"!). Then it gives your calorie recommendations . It breaks into food groups and even gives a PDF for you to print and a menu planner (and it saves information for you each time!) that helps you record what you have eaten each day, what you need to add, and subtract (fats and sugars for me!). And you can add members of you family to track their meals too. So many handy resources in one section! It will keep me in line by tallying every day what I eat- and I really need to add in the veggies and fruit!

0 comments: