Friday, July 17, 2009

Walk With Me- 10000 steps a day!

I am not an exerciser! Although I love walking, walking in Florida outside (my favorite place to walk, not on a treadmill) in the summer time is a challenge! Ever since I read the book The Wildwater Walking Club by Claire Cook, I have been in a quest to count my steps. I got my pedometer and lost it in two days (before my trip to Boston when I probably walked 15000 steps a day) and found it again. My goal is 10000 steps a day. In the book, each chapter is a day and begins with the steps walked by the main character that day. I wanted a way to chart my progress too and after some internet searching found a forum called the Walker Tracker. It is free and gives you handy little widgets to track your progress and share it with the world! I am ready to start counting- join me and lets see what we can accomplish!

0 comments: